Wall-E: A Clear Reflection in the Future

When my brother introduced this film by Disney-Pixar to me, I thought it was a boring animated film just like other because of the title itself. I am totally wrong. It was not. As we watched the film, I was moved on my seat about the reality. The reality of what we are doing on our planet. The reality on what is happening on our present-day situation here on earth.  WALL-E is a must seen film that needs to be watched by everybody else. The story of this film revolves about a WALL-E which stands for Waste Allocation Load Lifter, Earth-Class. WALL-E is a robot that is shown to have a feeling like human because of the old movie scenes from VHS tapes that he watched repeatedly which shows dancing, singing and professing love to one another. When EVE, was sent from outer space from her mother ship to search any signs of life on earth, WALL-E was fall in love to her. When WALL-E tried to connect to her, he is drawn into her world and eventually makes his way onto the ship which is called the Axiom. As the film goes by, I noticed that all the people living in the ship were all obese. All day long, they were only sitting in their hover playing and entertaining their selves all the time. Even the babies were all obese. While watching, I kept asking on my self, "What shall I do if I live in the era having with that kind of sedentary lifestyle?" Pondering on that question I made on my mind, I felt a guilt deep inside in my self because I didn't make any contribution to save our planet earth. As a local citizen to our community, it is my obligation to make moves in such a way it may contribute to our planet. Yes, we are too busy preparing healthy meals for our family that is why we buy food packages from convenience store which the garbages from those packages were not disposed properly and we're throwing it anywhere and without knowing, these foods have little nutrition.  Even by throwing garbages properly in their proper bins, by this we contributed a lot to our society. 

The mushrooming of high-end gadgets and gizmos made us people obsessed to have with that kind of techie stuffs and because of that we absorbed the lifestyle of being materialistic. We forgot why we are here on earth. Aside from creating us by God, we forgot our prime obligation of taking care of what we have right now for the next generation to come. I am afraid that if we are not making any step that may help us to save our mother earth, I'm pretty sure that the next generation to come will just live like in the film. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment