First Day Reflections / Learnings


On the first day of our meeting with Dr. Randy Gamboa, I felt quiet nervous for I don't know him yet. Some said, he is quiet terror but I can't easily judge him for I am a neophyte to the Institute of Computing in USeP-Obrero Campus and to his class.

We are new to USep-Obrero Campus for we are transferee to the said campus. Me and some of my classmates came from USeP-Tagum Campus and we transfer here in Davao City just to continue our BSIT program. During our first discussion in our Management Information System subject, I felt uncomfortable and uneasy for that was the first time I met my classmates and my facilitator in Management Information System subject here in Obrero. Even that was the first time we met, they were so comic and so nice to us. Some of our classmates exchanged smiles with us also.

When our facilitator started to tackle Management Information System, he tried to define management, information and system. There, we learned that management has four related activities. These activities were the; planning, directing, organizing and controlling. Then, we define also what is management. Management implies someone who has the ability to manage (referring to the person that has the capable of acting independently). With that, I learned that managing is related to leading. So, not all of us will become leaders. Yes, a few can become a leaders. If all of us will become leaders, there will have no followers. Also, he discussed the components of Information Technology. He shared about what are softwares and hardwares. Then, he shared the components of Information System. After that, he asked us, "Is MIS a correct course description?". From there, another question was made on our young minds that we need to seek the best answer of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment